Thursday, March 13, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

10 March 2008

It was my birthday! I decide to enjoy my birthday by taking a break from work (as if I need it!). I took a leave and spent most of the day in bed (which I do most Sundays, but hey, it was my birthday, and I don't want to hear any complaints about it.)

Porkchop decided to join me on my lazy day. I tried taking pictures of her but she was uncooperative. After all, she felt that it was her birthday, too.



I took time reading the birthday greetings on my phone and my email. I went back to sleep when I got tired reading.

I did have to go back to the doctor's clinic for my follow-up check up late in the afteroon but I didn't stress myself over it. I went there when I felt like it, plopped down on the sofa in his waiting room and slept until it was my turn.

I met with B after going to the doctor. We had sushi and more sushi at a nearby place for appetizers. I also bought some oolong tea leaves for myself. As soon as we got home, MIL served us huge steaks for dinner! The meat was tender and it was so perfect with the gravy. My tummy couldn't be happier.

So what's the point of this entry? Nothing. It was my birthday and I get to be boring and pointless.

11 March 2008

I guess I enjoyed my birthday too much that I got a little sad when I realized it was over. But this made me happy:



My officemates wrote greetings on tiny sheets of paper and pinned it on my wall! Isn't that sweet?

12 March 2008

I get a little stressed as I learned that I needed to be in Barcelona by April 9, which is 17 working days away. I need 14 working days to get a visa, and I need to secure a formal invitation from Barcelona for that. Sigh.

To relieve my stress, I eat a "by-pass delight" lunch with officemates - deep-fried pork knuckes, bulalo (broth with beef marrow), sisig (A Philippine delicacy - deep-fried pork unmentionables; or according to B, deep-fried-pork-bits-that-the-pig-would-rather-keep-private-but-we-eat-them-anyway), a cup of rice, and for dessert, halo-halo (sweetened bananas, coconut, and other fruits, with shaved ice, milk, sugar and flan.)

13 March 2008

We brought a visitor from our Chicago office to Sonya's garden for lunch. Sonya's garden is a garden-resto in Tagaytay. With the infrastructure works on the highway, it took us 2 hours to get there (we also had to pass by a studio to have my picture taken, I needed passport-sized pictures for my visa application.) The setting in Sonya's garden was worth the 2-hour trip. The chandeliers in the greenhouse were beautiful, the decors were fabulous, and the food . . . was healthy. I'm sure all those vegetables did wonders for my body and I have to admit that the salad dressing and the pasta sauce were yummy, but I felt that the salad-pasta combination doesn't count as a full meal. It's a good thing that they also served tea with fresh leaves (which I loved, but our guest didn't dare drink.) I ended up gobbling up an egg tart on the way back to Manila.

3 comments:

frecklesspeckles said...

Belated Happy Birthday Abie! Aba, korean pa talaga ang birthday greeting sayo. haha.. I heart porkchop... the dog! hehe

Anonymous said...

Belated Happy Birthday!

wag na ma-stress sa Barcelona trip, wish ko yan ang stress ko ngayon, pero di pa ubra! :)

Anonymous said...

Belated Happy Birthday Abie! Seems you really enjoyed your special day! :) Care if we exchange links? :)